We Are St. Mary's
St. Mary’s Preparatory sits on 115 acres of land located at Commerce and Orchard Lake Roads in Orchard Lake, Michigan. We are roughly 25 miles northwest of Detroit. Our Campus sits beautifully on 200 feet of shoreline on Orchard Lake. With immaculate views of Orchard Lake, we have 32 buildings on campus.
The Campus of Orchard Lake St. Mary’s Preparatory is the former grounds for the Michigan Military Academy. In 1885, the property was bought and ss. Cyril and Methodius Seminary was founded. In 1912, restricting and growth allowed the birth of St. Mary’s Preparatory and St. Mary’s College. Today, the Orchard Lake Schools are comprised of three institutions: St. Mary’s Preparatory, SS Cyril and Methodius Seminary, and Madonna University (Madonna purchased St. Mary’s college in 2003)Highlights of our facilities include:
- Science Center with top notch chemistry, Biology and Engineering labs
- 4 school buildings
- Brand new (2014) Admissions Center located right off of Commerce Rd
- Immaculate library with picturesque views of Orchard Lake. Our library is the largest high school library in the Midwestern United States.
- Art studio
- Music studio/band room
- Newly renovated (2013) dormitories
- St. Mary’s Preparatory Athletic Complex, a $4 million ice arena and banquet center which has an NHL regulation sized rink.
- A red synthetic turf football field
- Full service weightroom